Sunday, July 27, 2008

Day 3: Making a Statement



It was a Friday and I was at Sasuke-Guy’s house, playing Assassin’s Creed by combining my awesome laptop with his huge TV. Assassin’s Creed is an awesome game; I love it, the graphics, and the realism, Altaïr….uh this post isn’t about Assassin’s Creed, so lets me move on to what it is really about.
The plans for that day was to later on hang out during the others, around 8 or so. This had been a plan made one week in advance, and I was invited to come. At first it was everyone meeting. But than at one point B1 & B2 had to go to resorts (Two different resorts), although that was at that time who I was most friendly with (DM isn’t the talkative type and I really didn’t know much about Punk-Teddy) I decided to go. DM was especially keen on taking me, saying that she will talk this time, that she will annoy me, and that she won’t disappear with a bf this time. (Ya she sounds like a politician making promises for her next election :P)
Anyway soon the time came, and we met up with them near Fantasy Bakery. Punk-Teddy, DM, DM’s sis and Arky were already in the car. Before I got in I asked Sasuke-Guy “Which one is DM?” They both look really alike to me, and it wouldn’t have been nice if I said something to the wrong girl.
As this time there weren’t so many people as before (and I think it was bigger car than before), we really didn’t have to squeeze in, I certainly was comfortably seated.
We drove to the same place as previous two nights, the carnival main gate. Punk-Teddy’s bro was already waiting for us there, and we were also soon joined by Punk-Teddy’s bf. We loitered around a bit considering where to go. DM still didn’t say much, so I said a few words, but all she did was, stand there smiling like an idiot.
Soon we decided to go to dolphin and started walking in that direction. Following standard procedure, DM and her sister were the first to leave our group. They didn’t even make it to the steps going up to Dolphin. Halfway through they met some guys (which I assumed were there bf’s) and parted ways with us.
We went up to Dolphin, joined two tables, and took our seats, leaving to empty chairs for DM and her sister. We talked a bit, mostly just small talk, I also told Punk-Teddy about what had happened the previous day. Then Punk-Teddy’s brother got a call and left saying he had to go meet up with some people, and that he would be back. Some time passed and Punk-Teddy said that she and her bf would go and find the rest of them. “Raaaaight, that’s exactly why you two a going, to find the rest of us” That’s what I was thinking at that moment. “Ya, sure” that’s what I said. But before they left we made her give us her wallet, so that we could eat, even if no one showed up. After they left we ordered our food and a vanilla milkshake for Punk-Teddy.
So there we were Me, Sasuke-Guy and Arky sitting at a table with mostly empty seats, to a gathering which I thought would involve more people. Soon the topic turned into how messed up this was. We had just been ditched, to a get together we had been INVITED to. I mean the three of us could hang out, anywhere, anytime we wanted. We didn’t have to allocate specific time, or make specific plans for that. I really understand, and have nothing against that they want to spend time with there significant others. BUT, if that was what they wanted to do, there was no need to invite us, as none of us are on the list of there significant others. (Ok, in case certain two people decide to flame me because of that sentence, I am talking about that time, and the people that were there then)
I decided to go take a look around, to see if I could find anyone. The first one I noticed was DM’s sis, she and her bf were near the stage area railings. Walking around a bit, I saw DM, she had a boy on her….lol….uuh she was walking around with her bf, who had his arms on her shoulder. I thought she saw me, but I later found out she didn’t. The others were no where in sight.
I went back to Dolphin and came up with the plan. We were not going to take this sitting down (well until we finish eating that is). We were not going to call them, we were not going to beg them to come, it was simple common sense that if you invite someone, you should stay with them for most of the time. We decided to make a statement. We were just going to finish eating, pay with Punk-Teddy’s money, and leave. As we were eating DM called us. I was the one to talk to her; she asked us where we were. I told her that we had left, I intended to tell her that we were at dolphin later, but the conversation got quite long and I forgot (Sorry about that, its totally against my no lie policy).
So we finished our food, paid for it, then very nicely walked to where DM and her sister were, gave her Punk-Teddy’s wallet and simply left.
I would have to say the only good part about that night was the free food, and even that wasn’t that great. DM was quite like most politicians. They too make a lot of promises, but when they achieve there goal, they are unable to keep those promises. I always looked at my self as an honest person, who tells it like it is; maybe there are some people who don’t like me for that, but that’s just me. And as for that night, I have to say, I didn’t quite like what they did. Ya sure, walking out on my treat, may seem worse to most people, but that night, I know that it was in no way there fault, and they could do nothing to change it. But inviting someone out, and then ditching them, that’s something you can change.
I totally understand, and even support the fact that they will want to hang out with there bf’s alone. But if that’s all you want to do, there’s no need to drag others along. Well another lesson learned I guess. Do not go if B1 & B2 are not going, even though they both have bf’s….I can drag one of them out of where ever they are hiding (plus I know he wouldn’t ditch me anyway….raaaight?) and B2…well so far she hasn’t totally ditched others altogether to be with her bf.
Ya I know bf’s are very important, but so are friends, no one should ever forget that.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Article

dhivehi-songs.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

aaah yes yes this is gooood =P infact its awsum .. keep bloggin ^^

[xiai] said...

aah.. :$

Crimson Solace said...

anonymous: thanx, you can look forward to more :)
yaaal: Ya ofcourse, this doesnt have anything bad about B1, ao awesome vaanu:P
[xiai]: speechless huh....well dont worry about it...I have been through worse:P...hehe...really I'm not the kind to pick at past problems...this is just for the sake of memores :)

Anonymous said...

a very sucky day wasnt it.....but a very awsum post =D

[xiai] said...

(IT WDN HAV BEEN SUCKY IF U DDN LEAVE YAASA :|)